Monday, April 4, 2011

Trying to get more involved

In my effort to become more involved with other families going through this. I have decided to try my hand at asking a daily question over on facebook.

For today it is do you EVER think your partner has it easier than you? If so how?

My answer is yes there are times that I think Jody does have it easier than me. I'm out here with all the bills and responsibility. Yes I know I have my freedom and can do pretty much as I please but especially right after our youngest was born, and she slept literally 3 hours a night, and that wasn't straight. And had colic and from 2pm-10pm it was nonstop crying. My oldest stayed with my parents most the time so she could have some peace. My unemployment ran out when she was 3 weeks old so I had to go back to work AMA at 4 weeks old. And his biggest complaint was he didn't get to run that day or he didn't get a chance to watch his cell mates tv....Now that the kids are older and things have settled down. I do know how lucky my freedom is, b/c I couldn't be locked in a space with a bunch of other people and not ever have privacy. I am able to sleep at night and know that I am safe. I am busy all the time and never have a break but I have my safety *realitive* and privacy. So does that answer the question lol I go around and round with this. And always come up with the same conclusion. We both have it hard, just in different ways. Short answer though yes I have thought he had it easier.

3 comments:

Darcy@SomewhatMuddledMusings. said...

((HUGS)) I know it must be tough for you guys, but kudos to you for sticking it out and staying strong!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much :)