Friday, January 25, 2013

VA DOC stepping into the current times

That is a huge surprise there, but I am glad for it. They will be allowing emails to and from the prisoners, through the J.Pay site, not sure of the cost right now but Jody was telling me the emails are as much as a stamp, but a faster turn around time. And they will be getting JP3 players (they are around 40$) and play music and games. Since he is now locked down 22 hours a day, that will be his birthday gift. These aren't in place yet but according to an article I read from dec, they should be in place within a couple of months.

Now if they would just do video visits from home, I might actually get to see my husband before he steps off a greyhound. He is to far away for a visit, and the place he is in now he says he doesn't want me or his daughters to have to see all that goes on in the visiting rooms. So even if I had a good car and the extra money I couldn't go. A home/video visit would be wonderful and would be a great way for us to keep in touch and keep our family strong.

I really don't know why they have to move them so far away, it is proven that inmates with alot of family support and outreach do better and have a better chance of breaking the revolving door...But you can't expect alot from a place that does away with parole.

No comments: