Friday, August 26, 2011

This is outrageous

and quiet honestly one of my worst fears, that a major disaster will strike and my husband (who thankfully we are far from the coast) will be left behind, not unlike the movie the Stand where the guy was surviving on eating rats..And while I shouln't be surprised that the prisoners are being treated worse than animals. The fact that no one seems to care really hurts, most of these men have familys, children, wives, mothers, and they are people too.

http://solitarywatch.com/2011/08/26/locked-up-and-left-behind-new-yorks-prisoners-and-hurricane-irene/#comment-3095

1 comment:

I'll have to say I love you in a song... said...

see the thing is, I'm not sure why they're not evacuating. I'm not sure why they don't have evacuation plans either in place. I just wonder where they'd put all these inmates if they were to evacuate. I"d hate to be the co in charge when the hurricane hits.

you know its hard because I see things from your side, however I see it from the otherside as well.
its like a jaded edge.