Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saw this on facebook.

The Woman Who Waits

Twas the night before Christmas
And there all alone
I saw a young woman
... ... Who sat by the phone

For what was she waiting
On this holiday night
Where were the stockings
Christmas tree,and lights?

I saw one little tear
As it rolled down her face
And she curled up in a blanket
Then looked round the place

Something was missing
Someone not there
In her face I saw sadness
Did I also see fear?

I paused and I wondered
What could it be?
That would cause a young woman
To look so lonely

How could anyone so precious
Choose such a life?
Then I realized this woman
Was a prisoner's wife.

Her gift for this Christmas
Is to hear that phone ring
“Hey baby, I miss you
Don’t worry about a thing”

Each day I thank God for the woman who waits
Ever willing to stay faithful while her man is away
But how often do I ever remember think
About the young woman who is that prisoner’s wife

Thank you God for these women
They are just as strong
They sacrifice daily
And without help get along

So God please protect our families while these men do time
On this holiday eve so late
And give an extra hug
To their women who wait

No comments: